$20,000 dontated to local charities as part of Nepean Triathlon
November 7, 2014Posted by on
The Nepean Triathlon is a community event supported by volunteers from local charitable organisations. This support allows us to put on a safe and affordable event. Nepean Triathlon is proud to donate to these groups for their continued support.
A total of $20,000 was donated this year and we wish to call out the charities here
- John Maclean Foundation – $10,000 (in the form of wheelchairs for 2 needy kids)
- Rural Fire Service – $3,000
- Penrith Lions Club – $850
- St Dominic’s College Football Club – $800
- Penrith Rugby Legless Emus – $850
- Emu Plains Cricket Club – $750
- Sally K Dance Studios – $500
- Nepean Rotary Club – $750
- Windsor Swim Club – $850
- NSW Police Motor Cyclists $800*
- St Johns Ambulance – $600
* NSW Police Motor Cyclists choose a charity to donate to each year from the race.
John Maclean foundation raises $200,000
Ricky Jeffs, Chairman of the John Maclean Foundation has also advised that $200,000 was raised from participants in the John Maclean wave and the John Maclean walk for young Australians and their families living in wheelchairs.
Again, we’d like to thank our charities for their support and competitors for participating in the Nepean Triathlon.
Comments are closed.