Wrap up of 2015 Nepean Triathlon
Thanks to all that took part in the 34th Atmosphere Nepean Triathlon. Was great to see some healthy competition, some old rivalries and everyone enjoying triathlon in Australia.
- 1st Male Aaron Royle – 1 hour 28 minutes 22 seconds
- 2nd Male – Jake Birtwhistle – 1:28:45
- 3rd Male- Ryan Fisher – 1:28:45
- 1st Female –Emma Moffatt 1 hour 35 minutes 30 seconds
- 2nd Ashleigh Gentle 1:36:50
- 3rd Natalie Van Coevorden 1:37.22
The wrap up:
- Excellent racing conditions saw 1400 entered to race over weekend.
- Aaron Royle took out his hatrick of victories. Aaron is the first Australian selected in the 2016 Australian Olympic team for Rio
- Emma Moffatt – 2015 outright champion. Bronze medallist, Beijing Olympics 2008.
- Highlights of the 2015 Atmosphere Nepean Triathlon will feature on free to air channel 74 at 6:30pm on Saturday 14 November.
- Stuart Ayres, Minister for Sport welcomed competitors and presented awards
- Saturday afternoon saw The PAC Nepean Enticer Triathlons, designed to introduce youngsters and those wanting to complete a short course triathlon – 320 competitors in these races and these were most successful.
- First held – 1982
- 34th anniversary this year
- Prize money for 2015 is $76,500 – richest race in the country.
- An exciting feature in the Atmosphere Nepean Triathlon is the handicap. The Professional ladies wave starts ahead of the Male professional wave by the difference between the leading male and female averaged over the past five years. With a handicap bonus of $2,000 for the winning male or female to cross the line first – Emma Moffatt took the outright victory this year over the guys.
- 2015 handicap was 9 minutes 54 seconds.
- 4 competitors have completed all 34 Nepeans, has to be a world record! Peter Smith, Greg Davies ,Eugene Irvin and Greg Chapman have all entered
Big thanks to Penrith Police, Penrith Council and RMS for shutting Castlereagh Road for the cycle with no interference to residents. Thank you to all our volunteers, spectators, competitors and sponsors for making the 2015 Nepean Triathlon possible.
Comments are closed.